1. Plan your trades and trade your plan.
2. Keep a positive attitude, no matter how much you lose.
3. Buy the bad news and sell the good ones.
4. Do not be afraid to buy high and sell low.
5. Continually strive for patience, perseverance, determination, and rational action.
6. Limit your losses and learn how to use stops.
7. Avoid getting in or out of the market too often.
8. Losses make the trader studious – not profits. Take advantage of every loss to improve your knowledge of market action.
9. Remember that a bear market will get back in 10 days what a bull market has taken six months to build.
10. Expect and accept losses gracefully. Those who brood over losses always miss the next opportunity, which more than likely will be profitable.
11. In trading there are the quick and the dead.
12. Accept failure as a step towards victory.
13. Have you taken a loss? Forget it quickly. Have you taken a profit? Forget it even quicker! Don’t let ego, fear and greed inhibit clear thinking and hard work.
14. One cannot do anything about yesterday. When one door closes, another door opens. The greater opportunity always lies through the open door.
15. Beware of trying to pick tops or bottoms.
16. If you don’t know who you are, the markets are an expensive place to find out.
17. In the world of money, which is a world shaped by human behavior, nobody has the foggiest notion of what will happen in the future. Mark that word — NOBODY! Thus, the successful trader does not base moves on what supposedly will happen but reacts instead to what is happening.
18. Lose your opinion … Not your money.
19. Finally, don’t you ever forget that when the ship starts to sink …
Don’t pray …